The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Outkast - Hey Ya 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started, 3. Snow Patrol - Spitting Games, 4. D12 - How Come, 5. BUZZ OFF - East 17 - Around The World, 6. Basement Jaxx feat Lisa Kekaula - Good Luck 7:30 NEWSBEAT 7. Nickelback - How You Remind Me, 8. Estelle - 1980, 9. Scent - Up & Down, 10. The Thrills - Santa Cruz (You’re Not That Far) 8:00 NEWSBEAT 11. Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme, 12. Jay-Z feat Beyonce Knowles - 03 Bonnie & Clyde, 13. Rachel Stevens - Some Girls, 14. Maroon 5 - This Love 8:30 NEWSBEAT 15. J Kwon - Tipsy, 16. Sugababes - Round Round, 17. Dido - White Flag, 18. Razorlight - Golden Touch, 19. Chic - Good Times (Tedious Link), 20. Shaznay Lewis - Never Felt Like This Before, 21. Keane - Bedshaped, 22. The Hives - Walk Idiot Walk 9:30 NEWSBEAT 23. Lou Reed - Satellite Of Love (Dab Hands Remix), 24. Mary J Blige - Family Affair, 25. Scissor Sisters - Laura, 26. Lionel Richie - Lionel Vinyl

Chris was like Ahmed on the edge today, as he rowed with his girlfriend Sophie last night and said he was a man on a mission to explode this morning. He said they had made up now though and blamed his bad behaviour on him being “a selfish drunken bum”, plus Comedy Dave’s wife Emma leaving the pub early (as she’s an allie when she’s there). Everyone else was in a fairly good mood at the top of the show, including Aled - who had his big secret found out this morning. No not that big secret, I mean he really does have a wife and kid *cough*. Jones didn’t seem to care that he’d been spotted all alone in the studio before the show listening as loud as he could to Everytime by Britney and Let's Get It Started by The Black Eyed Peas (he does it every day pre show). Chris said he does actually like The Black Eyed Peas, as he has their album and all their records sound slick and well produced. You may remember that Dave showed off his surprisingly good album title knowledge yesterday by correctly identifying the current Black Eyed Peas album as “Elephunk”, and Chris wanted to test him some more on his album knowledge this morning. He logged onto the Album Chart section of Radio One Online and ran through some of the existing albums - with Dave getting three titles right and two wrong. The ones he got right if you care (and if you do you’re very sad) were The Scissor Sisters and “Scissor Sisters”, The Jackson 5 and “The Very Best Of The Jackson 5” (genius) and Joss Stone with “The Soul Sessions” (top album - go get it). The ones he got wrong were Room On The 3rd Floor by McFly and Hopes And Fears by Keane. Today’s Buzz Off was a bit of a disaster to be brutally honest. Randomly chosen by Aled and buzzed off within two minutes, it was East 17’s dreadful May 1994 number 7 hit Around The World. Dave labelled it muck and buzzed it off first on 22 seconds, Rach said it was rubbish too and followed next on 0:27, the listeners were third with an 81% Buzz Off response on the text, and then Aled finally got rid of it completely after 1 minute 46. Chris’s mate Rossie from Radio Aire (aka “Francis”) texted him saying Buzz On, and Chris added that there were definitely worst tracks than that on the CD compilation he had taken East 17 from - for example Saturday Night by Whigfield and the classic track that is Twist And Shout by Chaka Demus & Pliers...get in. Chris fancies going seeing a movie tonight, although he’s stuck for what to see. Spiderman 2 is not out until Friday, so the only other choices seem to be Fahrenheit 9/11 or the advanced screenings of Thunderbirds. Aled turned his face up at Thunderbirds as he said he’s heard bad things about that movie. He instead suggested Chris go see Shrek 2. Moyles (like me) hasn’t even seen Shrek 1, so said he needed to watch that first. Aled said he’d lend it him on DVD. Chris also said he’s yet to see Finding Nemo. At this point Dave interrupted and asked why Chris would want to go and see kids films like Shrek, Finding Nemo or Toy Story anyway...saying that as an adult he prefers more sophisticated entertainment. Yeah like car chases, the pillock. As much as I love Dave (not in that way) and think he’s hilarious, he is unquestionably the most narrow minded man in the world when it comes to movies (which really irritates me). Aled quite rightly told him off for having such a narrow mind, this after Dave had next slated cartoons and superhero movies. He badly needs to broaden his mind when it comes to films. I know I’m a fair bit younger than our Hong Kong friend and am far more likely to have seen animated kids movies than him, but Dave had never even heard of Pixar. That just says it all really. I can’t speak for Shrek or Finding Nemo as I haven’t seen them but I think that both Toy Story films and Monsters Inc are brilliant movies. But on the other hand I also love films like Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Reservoir Dogs, Gangs Of New York, Kill Bill etc, and can’t wait to go see Spiderman 2 this weekend. Variety is the spice of life Mr Vitty. All this chat about films and DVD’s and stuff reminded Chris that he watched the last episode of season one of 24 the other night (about two years later than everyone else). Chris wanted to talk about it and Rachel said he could, although she admitted that she’s yet to see it herself.
Chris - Cover your ears. Have you covered them?
Rachel - Tell me when I can listen!!
Chris (whispers to Dave) - Don’t you think Rachel’s put on loads of weight?
Rachel - I heard that!!
(Aled laughs)

Big 24 fan Aled revealed that the DVD of Series 3 comes out on his birthday - the 9th of August. Chris asked Aled if he wanted him to buy it for him for his birthday. He said yes please...
Rachel - Oh we’ll get a free one
(Chris laughs)

(Normally I put in a little comment about the pics but that’s kind of self explanatory)

THE MOYLES MINI OLYMPICS - DAY 3:>>>>

TODAY’S EVENT - TABLE TENNIS...or to be more precise erm, ...it was table tennis.
ImageImage
(Dave serves and then enthusiastically celebrates his victory over Dominic)

Day 3 then today of The Moyles Mini Olympics, which on Friday is of course giving away a two day trip for two to Athens to see the Diving, Athletics, Basketball and Taekwondo at The Olympics. The next pair of contestants battling it out for a place in the Friday final were Charlie, a legal secretary from Bracknell and Greg from Faversham in Kent, who owns his own restaurant. Chris thinks Charlie is a sexy name for a girl and asked her if she was currently wearing her hair up with her glasses on and cleavage on show in a Benny Hill stylee. She said no at the moment, as she had her hair in rollers and her specs and dressing gown on (that real Dot Cotton look). Dave thoughtfully replied to this with “yuk!!” and Chris asked Charlie if she had a boyfriend...
Chris - Are you single?
Charlie - I am yeah
Chris (laughs) - Maybe you should take the curlers out before you go to work then love
(Dave and Dom laugh)
Charlie - I think that’s probably where I’m going wrong

It was thoroughly predictable that both Dave and Dom would get picked to take part again in the Mini Olympics today by the callers, and they duly did. Chris had already excluded himself due to his button pressing role so Charlie went for Dave as she said she likes him. Greg then went for Dom as he thinks all girls are rubbish at sport basically. Jules, Rachel and (yes) Aled didn’t seem too impressed. The rules of Moyles Mini Table Tennis were simple - first to five wins. After being told off for his premature start, Comedy Dave annihilated Dom and blasted his way to a 5-1 victory. That means Charlie is the first girl through to the grand finale on Friday - joining Martin from Monday and Matthew from yesterday live in the studio.

DAVE AND ALED LIVE TODAY ON CHASE-IT.TV:
Firstly, no I am not making this up. After Chris and Dominic chatted about chase-it.tv on the air the other week, their marketing & planning manager Tim Blackwell got in touch via e-mail inviting any of the team onto the channel to do a bit of presenting and give away some stuff from the show. Signed Chris Moyles Show mugs were chosen with the proceeds going directly to Sport Relief. Dom was going to go on chase-it but was told that he couldn’t by the powers that be at Radio One, as he couldn’t be seen selling mugs if he wanted to keep his reputation as a serious news journalist (what reputation’s that then?). Dave and Aled have no reputations to protect however, so Chris informed them both that they would be getting a fast car after the show finished and going off to chase-it to do a bit of presenting at 1pm this afternoon. This was the time given out for almost an hour, until Rachel received news that they’re actually on at 2 and she’d just been informed of the wrong time. Ah well, 2 o’clock is more prime time anyway *cough*. Cheesy local radio voiced Jim Brooman from Kidderminster left his message of support and reminded the boys that “the thrill is in the chase”...
Dave - No diggity
Dave butted in to say that he wasn’t exactly sure how the channel works and added that such information was fundamental to his presenting role on there this afternoon. Chris explained to him about chasing and #key moments, and then made both him and Aled practice waffling about a mug for a couple of minutes on the air (as they’ll have to do this afternoon). Dave was much more successful than his Welsh counterpart, who continually messed up his words and even fluffed up the chase-it.tv catchphrase by saying “Remember that on this channel you chase the bargain”. He admitted that he hadn’t a hope in hell of rambling on about mugs for 30 seconds today if required, let alone 2 minutes. Should be very entertaining telly me suspects. Dave wanted to flag up one concern though - neither him or Aled have any past history of being TV presenters...
Chris - Listen I got a series on Channel 5 without any so I wouldn’t worry about it
Dave - mmm

(The legendary Jim Brooman from Kidderminster - for more click here)

GAYCLUBS, WEDDING DANCES AND SCOTT MILLS YESTERDAY:>>>>
A text came in after the Tedious Link by Chic saying that they used to dance to that in GAY on a Saturday night. The team then embarked upon a discussion, pretending that they didn’t know what GAY was. Dom came marching in despite being busy revising travel news next door. He came in to clear up rumours from Chris that old slaphead is seen frequently at GAY. He said he had never been, and especially not with Aled or Andy Parfitt (as Chris claimed). He did explain to Chris though that GAY was a clubnight...
Chris - and what kind of night is it?
Dom - It’s Friday night I think
(Chris laughs)

Some moron on the text was stupid enough to think they were being serious and texted in to say it was a gayclub (cue much hilarity). Chris thinks the team should all go for a boogie on down at one or two of these GAY nights, purely to see Dave’s abysmal dancing again. Dave asked Chris where he had ever seen him dance before. Moyles said at Dave’s wedding when he danced like a headless chicken to his and Emma’s first song - Angry Andersen and Suddenly. Dave recalled the moment and said he was just delighted that the confetti cannon went off on the drumbeat, as in rehearsal they’d never quite managed to hit it. Chris told a story from the last wedding he went to - his mate Paul and Rebecca’s. He said Becky had requested the slow mix of Heaven by DJ Sammy for their first dance, only for the DJ to stick on the dance version with them already on their own in the middle of the dancefloor. Rach said she always thinks that first dance thing would be dead embarrassing, and Chris agreed. He said if he was to get married he’d have to do the first dance with a bit of a twist - i.e have Agadoo, Conga or Ooops Upside Your Head as his first song. Dave said he couldn’t remember ever seeing Chris dance actually. Chris told Vitty he was like lightning on the dancefloor, just like John Travolta...in Pulp Fiction. He gave the team a demonstration of his “thrust and wave” move, which is basically thrusting your groin and waving your hand in the hair at the same time. Rach said it looked quite painful...
Aled - You know what I’m thinking?
Chris - What?
Aled - Ricky Gervais
Chris - Are you? Well whatever floats your boat Aled to be honest. I’m more of a Halle Berry man myself...
(Aled and Dave laugh)
Chris - But if you like a porker with facial hair then that’s up to you!
Dave - Yeah, you’re clean shaven now
Chris (laughs) - I’m not talking about me you stupid git
Dave - Oh sorry

Chris was plugging the rest of the daytime line up on Radio One today and again got talking about Scott Mills’ afternoon show with Dave. Dave said he heard a bit yesterday when Scott had a caller on who thought this girl he was dating was lying about her age (and was actually older than she was saying). Scott promptly rang her mobile up with withheld number and claimed to be a man from British Gas. He then asked her some fake security questions, including her date of birth. She ended up being 33 not 27, and Dave said it was fantastic radio. Chris wished he’d had heard it.
(Scott - Today from 3 but on Breakfast Cover from Monday)

A VERY FUNNY CARPARK CATCHPHRASE:
SUZANNAH a “26” year old model from Northampton 2
JOHN a real conversationist who works in the military in Abingdon 0

**Suzannah was aboard totty wagon in Northampton, with her and three of her modelling friends - including someone called Nadia (but not the fella from BB). On a few occasions she tried to give out the address to her non mucky, bonafide agency website (with pics) but Chris took her off the air each time and kept the address to himself....for research purposes only of course. After a bit of investigation by my good self I’ve discovered that the website is here and I think this may be her personal website too. Chris checked her pics (without giving out the address) and said that if she’s 26 he’s Brad Pitt. I have to agree, just click the links for bigger pics and I’ll post a lickle thumbnail of her below before Tedious Link. After about a 5 minute chat with the girls in the totty wagon, Chris moved onto line 2...
Chris - Stay there please then girls
(plays stab) Roy Walker - and on line 2, it’s contestant number 2!!
Chris - Contestant number 2, what’s your name and where do you come from?
John - Hi my name’s John and I come from Abingdon
Chris (interrupts) - Yeah great. Right, so let’s play the game...
(all burst out laughing)
Dave (laughing) - Whatever...back to the girls
Daves Tedious Link
De La Soul The Magic Number - The Magic Number was taken from the album “3 Feet And Rising”, which is a phrase that would apply to a flooded basement if the water was rising so fast that the trapped occupants only had seconds to escape before they lost their air supply - Air Supply were an Australian soft rock combo from Sydney - Sidney Poitier is a famous actor born in Miami, which interestingly was also the setting for The Golden Girls and Miami Vice - Miami Vice starred Don Johnson, who used to be married to Melanie Griffiths - Melanie Griffiths is now with Antonio Banderas, who is one of the worlds most famous Spaniards - The Spaniards were also great sailors and discovered most of South America - South America is a continent, much like Asia, Africa and Europe - Europe the band have been justifiably voted the worst rock act in living history for their laughable rock racket The Final Countdown - The Final Countdown is something that takes place before the launch of a journey into space - Space is the final frontier, and is also a nightclub in Ibiza - Ibiza is known as “The White Isle” and has for years been a hedonists paradise famed for it’s beauty, club culture and as somewhere devoted to the enjoyment of “good times” - Which links us predictably to Chic and Good Times

SKY CHANNEL 666 TODAY FROM 2PM - DON’T YOU DARE MISS IT!!
ImageImage
Whatever you do you just cannot afford to miss this. Dave and Aled making their presenting debut on the small screen, giving away signed Chris Moyles mugs on Chase-it.tv. If you’re at work/school and will miss it, or for some reason can’t watch it either, then just remember to check back here for the full show review tomorrow evening - including a very special review of their performance.

<A HREF="http://pod-135.dolphin-server.co.uk/~chris/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8127">> Wednesday July 14th 2004 - What Did You Think Of This Show/Review? Tell Us Here! <</A>

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]